The Cavaliers where just too much for the Warriors in game 4 of the 2017 NBA Finals. They led from start to finish and it was one of the most impressive offensive performance I (and everybody else watching) have ever seen. The series will now shift back to Oakland.
The short story
- They set a new record for most points in a quarter in NBA Finals history – 49 points in the first quarter. 49! And of these LeBron had 8 (!) so definitely a team effort – just like the doctor ordered.
- They set a new record for most points in a half in NBA Finals history – 86 points in the first half. That’s two less than ANY team scored in 4 of 5 games in the 2004 finals.
- They set a new record for most 3:s made in NBA Finals history – 24. The old record was 2 days old and set by the opposing team.
- LeBron finished with 31 pts and Love with 23. JR had 15 in a nice shooting performance, but…
- … the Hero of the game was definitely Kyrie Irving. 40 pts in 40 min. 58% from 3. And they way he did it – Awesome!
The Warriors defense didn’t klick. They really had no answer for Irving. Durant played well and finished with 35 pts. Curry shot 2 for 9 from 3 point land. That won’t cut it.
Officiating biggest aftermath
Other than that what stood out was the odd officiating. I really could not make any sense of it – but neither could the broadcasting crew nor any of the coaches.
If you didn’t see it – here’s the recap
Monday next. In Oakland. Where it will come to an end.